Bossier Louisiana History
The State Fair in Louisiana is the largest state fair in the United States and one of the oldest fairs in America. The Louisiana State Fair is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, about 30 miles south of New Orleans, the state capital.
When the parish was founded, it was named after General Bossier, who in 1855 became the first president of the Louisiana State Fair. He was born into a Creole family, which was among the first to settle in the commune.
The Haughton family moved from Tennessee to Mississippi and eventually settled in the southeastern town of Bossier in 1845. Before white men arrived in the area, the Caddo Nation inhabited what would later become the port of Shreveport - Bossiers.
In 1843, part of the land east of the Red River was divided and called Bossier Parish, and Claiborne Parish was later founded on the east side. In 1845, the parish of Caddo was separated from the larger parish of Natchitoches to make Shreve Town the new parish seat. Bossiers City was known as Bennetts Bluff in the 1830s and as the town of Bossie in 1842. On the west side, the area was reunited with NatchesitOChes Parish, which was separated from it by Claibornes Parish during the Civil War in Louisiana (1836 - 1839). At 18: 43 this part of the country was divided and was called "County of Bossier" and later "Municipality of Bossier."
The early settlers of the community of Bossier were a robust, strong type and for many years one of the leading cotton-growing areas in the country. This area was named "Bossier" in honor of General John B., the first Louisiana governor to become a cotton farmer in Bossiers Parish. General Bossie, the title he received from his father, was born into a Creole family that was among the first to settle in this community.
The Elysian Grove plantation was located at the intersection of the Texas Trail and the Red River, where a trading post ran along what became the Shreveport - Bossier.
Here we learn about the blood that has stained the soil in the municipality of Bossier, and here is the first in a series of articles on the history of the area and its history. There is an area that looks like Bossiers but is actually called Shreveport - Caddo Parish. This neighboring community is part of CADDO County, the second largest county in Louisiana with a population of about 1.5 million people. It is located in north-central Louisiana at the intersection of I-10 and the Red River and includes parts of Bossie County and parts of Jefferson County in southern Louisiana. Bossy is one of three counties in Louisiana with a population of more than 1 million.
The Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway stretches from Shreveport on the west side of the Red River to Bossier City in the north - central part of Caddo Parish. While the beautiful Red River is in the neighborhood of Bossie Parish, the city is actually in C addition to it. In fact, Sh Reveport is on one side (the "Red River"), while Bossiers City is on the "other side."
The parish is named after the Congress that decided to found the parish of Bossier in the same year that it was founded. The parish was named in honor of its first president, John F. Kennedy Jr., who was elected by Congress in 1864, the same year that Bossiers Parish was founded.
In 1861, the civil war reached and hit the municipality of Bossier. In proportion to the number of inhabitants, it sent more soldiers to the Confederate Army than any other municipality in the state. The Civil War ended four years later when the Trans-Mississippi department capitulated, but it did not end in Bossiers Parish until 1864, when it was abandoned by the US Army in New Orleans under the command of General John F. Kennedy Jr.
After the Republic of Texas joined the Union in 1845, Shreveport was the capital of Louisiana and was named Bossier County and Bossiers County, as well as the state capital. After the Civil War, it was to become Louisiana's second largest city, after Baton Rouge and Opelousas, both of which were taken over by the Union. From 1864 to 1868 it was also Louisiana's capital, after which it was overrun by New Orleans.
On 24 February 1843, the municipality of Bossier was founded from an area which was separated from the municipality of Claiborne by Act 33 of 18 43 and separated the area. In 1843, this area was divided and designated Bossiers Parish, and the parish now had the second largest diocese of Shreveport, with nearly 1,200 families on its rolls.
In the diocese of Shreveport, 5.2% are Catholics, 6.7% were members of the United Methodist Church, which serves mainly Methodists, 0.5% Lutherans, 4% Presbyterians, 2% Baptists and 2.0% Pentecostals. The capital of the entire Chouteau community is Bossier City, located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 20, about 30 miles south of Baton Rouge. In the Shreveports dioceses, in addition to the Catholic Church and the Lutheran Church in Louisiana, another 5% are Presbyterian, 3% Episcopal, 1% Anglican and 0% Catholic, while another 6% to 7% belong to other denominations, such as the Presbyterian Church of America or the Methodist Episcopal Church (or more precisely, a United Lutheran Church), and another 0 / 2 Episcopal or Anglican, 0 / 9 Last - Day Saints. The Shriveport Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is located within the greater Louisiana - Mississippi - Texas - Arkansas - Louisiana (LMSL) metropolitan area with a population of approximately 1,200,000. The most important cities are Bossiers City (located on the Mississippi, north of the Louisiana-Texas border) and Claiborne (west of Texas).